ZESTRON Support & Services
With thousands of electronic cleaning processes installed worldwide, and an experienced team of application engineers located throughout the world, ZESTRON is uniquely positioned to offer you the technical expertise required to assess your precision cleaning requirements. You'll also receive a detailed Technical Report with cleanliness assessment analysis and any process recommendations with our services.
FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy)
Advanced spectroscopy techniques allow our analytical team to map the locations of contaminants on the board surface and identify weak points in the cleaning process.
- Method for qualitative and (semi-)quantitative analysis of organic residues on surfaces
- Analysis of areas ≥ 5 x 5 µm
- Identification of chemical structures of contaminants, residues, films, particles etc.
"Localized" Ion Chromatography
Targets critical areas of concern (0.1 in2) on the board surface to assess cleanliness levels and quantify ionic residues.
- Measures cleanliness of a localized region of a circuit board
- Provides a simple “Clean”/”Dirty” result by analyzing current leakage from a solution used to extract board contamination
"Full" Board Ion Chromatography
The most used test method in the electronics industry quantitatively identifies and measures ionic species present on boards that could lead to in-field failures.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of Anions, Cations, Weak Organic Acids (WOA) (in particular activators)
- Detection limit: 0.0001 µg/in²
- Compliance with standards requirements
- Assessment of contamination impact on the cause of failure
Ionic Contamination measures average ionic residues over the entire surface area of an assembly and used to check or establish process control.
- Extractive, quantitative determination of total ionic contamination in the range of 0.01 - 30 µg/cm²
- According to IPC-TM650 2.3.25
- Comparison of cleanliness level and/or production monitoring to supplement technical cleanliness
Our world-class engineers can utilize our state of the art cleaning equipment to meet your short term PCB cleaning requirements such as cleanliness assessment or to meet a qualification requirement.
- Qualify a new cleaning process on the latest inline and batch cleaning machines
- One-time request or ongoing cleaning contracts
- Capacity for small or medium volume applications